Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New Voters

I recently read a blog entitled The Next Election by Mr. Karl Fisch from his blog The Fischbowl. In this article, Mr. Fisch talks about the recent election. He opens by saying that many people are glad that the election is finally over. After this, he goes into detail to explain to people about the next election, in 2012, and how every single American who is currently in high school will be able to vote in that election. I must say, I had never really thought about that particular statistic. It's interesting, thinking about that. Now, I know I have thought to myself about how I am one of those people and I know I am going to have to prepare myself for that particular event. I am going to have to pay attention to politics from here on out so I know who I am voting for and what I really believe politically. That is something every current American in high school will be able to do for the rest of their lives. Now, not everyone chooses to vote but voting is a big part of our country and, in a way, it's a responsibility to uphold, once you reach the age of eligibility. Mr. Fisch states something in this blog that seems obvious, that many people have already thought about this. But really, I'm sure many people haven't. It opened my eyes and made me think about that very topic and about what our country's future holds. Mr. Fisch doesn't go into very much detail, he really doesn't say much in the blog, but he says enough to get his point across and that is how the future of our country and our people could change with the next generation of people being able to vote. It sounds so simple, but there is really a lot there to think about and Mr. Fisch stated that with only a few words. It's really a very interesting topic. Think about it.

2 comments:

Secret lover I love you gabe said...

Gabe your so hot hand cool I want you to be my boy friend .

Ps I am a Freshman girl in your class

Gabe V. said...

Who is this?